The Dreams Take Flight Code of Conduct describes the expectations and obligations associated with volunteering for Dreams Take Flight (Canada)/Voyages de Rêves (Canada) and its Chapters. Dreams Take Flight (Canada) is a registered charity under the Income Tax Act. As a condition of volunteering, all members and volunteers of Dreams Take Flight charity are required to conduct themselves consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- Volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner that will allow the values and goals of Dreams Take Flight to be achieved. Upon signing up with our organization, you are a representative of Dreams Take Flight at all times and must keep this in mind.
- Volunteers will consistently display high personal standards, be fair, honest, ethical and project a favourable image of Vancouver Dreams Take Flight and not engage in conduct or make public statements likely to harm, defame or otherwise discredit the Dreams Take Flight charity and those persons participating in the charity.
- Volunteers will refrain from the use of profane, insulting, or otherwise offensive language that constitutes harassment or abuse of anyone participating in the Dreams Take Flight charity.
- Volunteers will maintain, at all times, the confidentiality of all records and other confidential information of Dreams Take Flight (Canada) and its chapters. Confidential information shall include all information relating to the Dreams Take Flight charity which can reasonably be considered as confidential.
- Volunteers will not use confidential information obtained through their association with the Dreams Take Flight charity to further their private interests and will otherwise avoid conflicts of interest.
- Volunteers selected for various events throughout the year must be well groomed and dress appropriately with the Dreams Take Flight uniform provided to you unless otherwise specified.
Volunteering with Dreams Take Flight does not guarantee a seat on the flight. The selected participants are chosen based on their many hours contributed to various fundraising events throughout the year as well as their ability to contribute positively to and their suitability for the flight. Assistance with events leading up to the event is equally important as being on the flight itself along with seeing the flight off and meeting the flight upon it's return.
Please note:Volunteers who do not meet the expectations of Dreams Take Flight may be asked to withdraw their involvement at any time.
If you have any further questions or concerns about the Code of Conduct for Dreams Take Flight, please contact the Vancouver Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration and participation and let's continue "Making Magical Memories for Special Kids" for many more years to come!