1. How did you get involved with Dreams Take Flight?
I was invited by a coworker to volunteer at a golf tournament back in 2006 and have been hooked ever since!
2. What are some of the fundraising events you participate in?
Every single one! From the gala dinner and dance to Fit for Dreams, I am there!
3. Why is Dreams Take Flight important?
Because it is one of the few [charities] if any in which our committee is volunteer based and 99.9% of the proceeds of donations goes towards the children and making their dreams come true. We have very little operational/administration costs and none of us gets paid.
4. Name a special memory from your time volunteering with Dreams Take Flight.
The 2008 flight when I was fortunate to be an escort and accompany our fearless leader Lori Fergusson on her last flight before she succumbed to cancer just shortly after. I am determined to keep her legacy alive after she founded the Vancouver chapter 22 years ago.
5. What is your favourite ride at Disneyland?